- This event has passed.
LEAP Training – Help Someone With Mental Illness Accept Help
September 7, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join Dr. Xavier Amador, world renowned clinical psychologist and author of I AM NOT SICK, I Don’t Need Help!
This (1 Day) evidence-based course teaches Professionals, Peer Support Specialists and Family Caregivers how to create therapeutic alliances and trusting relationships with people who have serious mental illness and ANOSOGNOSIA—a neurological symptom that leaves a person unable to understand that s/he is ill, resulting in treatment refusal, noncompliance, and conflict with loved ones and professionals.
– Lower anger, paranoia & avoidance
– Quickly establish trust & compliance
– Increase treatment adherence
– Avoid involuntary hospitalization & criminalization
– Learn how to use LEAP (1 Day) or become a Trainer (2 Days)
Register Today! Early bird ends July 31