- This event has passed.
WHEST Whole Health Employment Support Training Leadership and Mentorship Program
February 9 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Whole Health Employment Support and Training Program is much more than a basic job skills program. This 11 week program will review several areas of focus to help you improve your:
- Soft skills like communication, time management, and conflict resolution
- Whole health wellness like hygiene, nutrition, finances, and organizational skills
- Using technology including using a smartphone, searching the internet, managing social media, and Microsoft Office
- Applying for a job including resume building, job applications, dress codes and interviewing skills
- Skills on the job in any job including customer service skills and workplace ethics.
This program is facilitated by Peer Support Specialists in a strengths-based, person centered way. Along with the basic 11 week curriculum, participants can expect to receive mentorship in the following areas:
- Basic Empowerment
- Leadership skills building
- Employment search
- Mentorship in the discovery of personal strengths
- Mentorship in the development of professional goals
- Guidance in the first 3 months of employment as it relates to relationships with coworkers and supervisors, job duties, and ethics