- This event has passed.
Peer Support Specialist Training – April 2019
April 15, 2019 - April 19, 2019
Peer Support Specialist Training
Monday April 15th through Friday April 19th, 2019 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Danielle Smith email@example.com (402)405.6190 at Nebraska Coalition for Peer Delivered Services or
Sadie Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org (402)475.5161 ext 352 at CenterPointe
Cost: There are no costs to participants for attendance or training materials. Participants are individually responsible for any other expenses.
Eligibility: To be considered for the training, you will need to:
Self-identify as an individual with lived experience of mental health and/or substance use challenges or a family member of such an individual.
- Be available to attend the full 40 hour program
- Be able to dedicate additional time in the amount of:
- 20 Hours of online trainings sent to you by training facilitators prior to first day of training. *Please provide certificates for each training to the facilitators by the first day of training.*
Selection Process: The training capacity is limited to a maximum of 18 participants. All interested and eligible persons are encouraged to apply. All applications are reviewed and scored based upon your responses to the questions in Section 3 of the registration document.
Additionally, preference in the selection process is given to:
- Applicants who live in the Region 5.
- Applicants who are currently employed providing Peer Support Services and will be able to put the training into use in the immediate future.
Attendance is required all 5 days to receive certification.